This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Practice Complaints Procedure

glasses_and_penIf you have a complaint or are concerned about the Health Service treatment you have received from the doctors or any of the staff working in the practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure to deal with complaints which meets the criteria agreed for the Northern Ireland Health and Personal Social Services. It does not cover services provided under a private arrangement between the practice and a patient.

How To Complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, let us know as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days – this will help us to find out what happened more easily.

Complaints should be addressed to the Practice Manager, Mrs Lisa Stewart or her deputy. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with her in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will ensure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will greatly assist us if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

Please let Mrs Lisa Stewart, our Practice Manager know should you require any assistance in making your complaint. For example you may need an interpreter or you are unable to come to the Health Centre to make your complaint because of your illness or disability.

Cityview Medical will ensure that all complaints as all our services are dealt with fairly regardless of religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender or race.

What Shall We Do

We shall acknowledge your complaint, within two working days by phone or in writing and aim to have your complaint investigated within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us.

In investigating your complaint we will;

  1. Find out what happened and what went wrong
  2. Enable you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like to do this.
  3. Ensure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate; and
  4. Identify what we can do to make sure this problem does not happen again.

Following the investigation we will offer you an explanation in writing and if you so wish, an appointment to discuss the outcome with Mrs Carlin.

Complaining on behalf of someone else:

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission. A note signed by the person concerned and witnessed by the patient will be needed. If this is not possible the complaint should be brought by the next of kin.

Complaining to your Health and Social Services Board

We hope that if you have a problem you will make use of our complaints procedure. We believe that this will provide the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. But this does not affect your right to approach your Health and Social Services Board, if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation. You should contact the Boards Complaints Office for further advice:

  • Western health and social services board
    Complaints officer
    Area board headquarters
    Gransha park
    Clooney road L’derry
    BT47 6FN

Complaints made by GP’s

GP’s are also entitled to complain about a patient if they feel that the patient is being unreasonable or their conduct is causing particular difficulties for the practice. If you are the subject of a complaint we hope, however, that any concern or misunderstanding can be sorted out by you talking with the GP or member of staff concerned.

Health and Social CareThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website